The 2019 Hilton Head International Piano Competition, will be held March 11 – 18, 2019, and our volunteers will again play an integral part in producing a very successful, audience-pleasing event. The Competition will include four rounds of performance for 20 pianists ages 18 -30. There will be no elimination after the first round. At the end of the second round the jury will select 6 semi-finalists who will play in Round 3. At the end of Round 3 the jury will select 3 finalists who will play a complete concerto with the Hilton Head Symphony Orchestra.The rotation will continue in 2020 when 13-17 year olds will compete; and the Festival format will again be presented in 2021.
If you are interested in helping during the rest of the year, there are opportunities for volunteers at several other events, such as A Musical Feast, our annual fundraising event planned for the fall of 2018 and home recitals throughout the year. Please fill out the registration form below.
HOW TO SIGN UP TO VOLUNTEER
In early January, a volunteer information envelope will be mailed to all registered names in our volunteer database. This mailing lists events, available positions, job descriptions click here , and venues. It is necessary to complete and return the volunteer participation post card within that mailing to be eligible for assignment. If you have not yet volunteered for HHIPC in the past, please complete the registration form below in order to be included in that mailing. Prospective volunteers are encouraged to be alert to emails pertaining to HHIPC news and refer to the HHIPC website for volunteer updates.
WHAT IS REQUIRED OF COMPETITION VOLUNTEERS
- Complete the Registration Form below. If you have volunteered in the past for a competition, there is no need to register.
- After you receive your volunteer information envelope, sign up for as many performances as you are available. A performance work session will be three to four hours long, afternoon or evening. Those signing up for two or more sessions will receive priority when assignments are made.
- Attend at least one of the orientation sessions. ATTENDANCE IS REQUIRED since the format, programs, venues, and schedules are very different from our past competition events. An orientation schedule will be emailed to you and posted on this webpage at a later date (see calendar below)
- Complete and return the volunteer participation post card included in the January volunteer mailing.
- Follow dress code of black and white, or all black, slacks, dresses or skirts for women and dark suit or a black or blue blazer with gray slacks, a tie and dark shoes for men.
- Report for duty no less than 60 minutes prior to the start of your performance work session.
COMPETITION VOLUNTEER CALENDAR
- January 1 – on-line volunteer registration closes
- Early January –volunteer information envelopes are mailed
- January 30 – deadline for volunteer participation post cards to be returned
- Early February – volunteers are assigned and confirmation letters are mailed
- Late February & early March – orientation sessions are held
- March 11 – festival begins
If you would like to volunteer, please fill out the form below.