Planning for the 22nd Hilton Head International Piano Competition (HHIPC), March 6 – 11, 2017, is underway and the Competition is looking for volunteers to assist in putting on a successful event. Each year, more than 120 people are needed to support the HHIPC and new volunteers are always welcome. Our volunteers have the privilege of being associated with one of the foremost piano competition in the United States and have an opportunity to hear the some of the most talented young pianists from around the globe. As an added benefit, volunteers get free admission to a session when they are not working.
In early January, a volunteer’s solicitation package is mailed to all registered names on the data base. This mailing contains information pertaining to sessions, available positions – click here for Job Descriptions, and venues. It is necessary to complete and return the volunteer participation post card to be eligible for assignment. Prospective volunteers are encouraged to be alert to emails pertaining to HHIPC news and refer to the HHIPC website for volunteer updates.
WHAT IS REQUIRED OF HHIPC VOLUNTEERS
- Complete the Registration Form below. If you have volunteered previously, there is no need to register.
- After you receive your volunteer solicitation package, sign up for as many sessions as you are available. A session is typically four hours long, afternoon or evening. Those signing up for two or more sessions will receive priority when assignments are made.
- Attend at least one of the general orientation sessions. ATTENDANCE IS REQUIRED An orientation schedule will be posted (and emailed) at a later date (see calendar below)
- Complete and return the volunteer participation post card included in the January volunteer mailing.
- Follow dress code of black and white, or all black, slacks, dresses or skirts for women and dark suit or a black or blue blazer with gray slacks, a tie and dark shoes for men.
- Report for duty no less than 30 minutes prior to the start of your session.
- November 15 – exact dates of volunteer orientation sessions will be posted
- December 15 – on-line volunteer registration closes
- Early January – volunteer solicitation packages are mailed
- January 30 – volunteer participation post cards must be returned
- Early February – volunteer assignments are completed
- Early February – volunteer assignment confirmation letters are mailed
- Late February & early March – orientation sessions are scheduled
- March 6 – competition begins
The HHIPC uses three different venues on Hilton Head Island for the competition:
- The Arts Center of Coastal Carolina hosts Rounds I & II on March 6 – 9
- All Saints Episcopal Church is the site of the Master Classes on March 10
- First Presbyterian Church hosts the Finals Concerto Program with the Hilton Head Symphony Orchestra on March 11.
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
Contact Volunteer Co-chairs: