Planning for the BravoPiano! Festival, March 8 – 12, 2018, is underway and our volunteers will again play an integral part in producing a very successful, audience-pleasing event. Exciting and varied programs during this inaugural event will include piano recitals by past competition prize winners, a chamber music performance, discussions, jazz piano, and a gala concerto concert with the Hilton Head Symphony Orchestra, held in several Hilton Head Island venues. It’s all new for the audiences and volunteers alike. The Festival is adding a third dimension to our HHIPC rotation; the competition for 18-30 year old pianists will be presented in 2019; the 13-17 year olds will again compete in 2020; and the Festival format will again be presented in 2021.
HOW TO SIGN UP
In early January, a volunteer information envelope will be mailed to all registered names in our volunteer database. This mailing lists events, available positions, job descriptions, and venues. It is necessary to complete and return the volunteer participation post card within that mailing to be eligible for assignment. If you have not yet volunteered for HHIPC in the past, please complete the registration form below in order to be included in that mailing. Prospective volunteers are encouraged to be alert to emails pertaining to HHIPC news and refer to the HHIPC website for volunteer updates.
WHAT IS REQUIRED OF FESTIVAL VOLUNTEERS
- Complete the Registration Form below. If you have volunteered in the past for a competition, there is no need to register.
- After you receive your volunteer information envelope, sign up for as many performances as you are available. A performance work session will be three to four hours long, afternoon or evening. Those signing up for two or more sessions will receive priority when assignments are made.
- Attend at least one of the orientation sessions. ATTENDANCE IS REQUIRED since the format, programs, venues, and schedules are very different from our past competition events. .An orientation schedule will be emailed to you and posted on this webpage at a later date (see calendar below)
- Complete and return the volunteer participation post card included in the January volunteer mailing.
- Follow dress code of black and white, or all black, slacks, dresses or skirts for women and dark suit or a black or blue blazer with gray slacks, a tie and dark shoes for men.
- Report for duty no less than 60 minutes prior to the start of your performance work session.
- November 15 – exact dates of volunteer orientation sessions will be posted
- December 15 – on-line volunteer registration closes
- Early January –volunteer information envelopes are mailed
- January 30 – deadline for volunteer participation post cards to be returned
- Early February – volunteers are assigned and confirmation letters are mailed
- Late February & early March – orientation sessions are held
- March 8 – festival begins
The BRAVO PIANO! Festival performances and events will be at four different venues:
- The Westin Resort & Spa
- All Saints Episcopal Church
- The Jazz Corner
- First Presbyterian Church
A specific schedule of performance events at these locations will be posted on or about October 15..
Submitted by Jeanne Maguire & Bob Koenig
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
Contact Volunteer Co-chairs: