The 2020 Hilton Head International Piano Competition, will be held March 9- 14, 2020, and our volunteers will again play an integral part in producing a very successful event. The Competition will include three rounds of performances for 20 pianists ages 13 -17. There will be no elimination after the first round. At the end of Round II, the jury will select 5 finalists who will play a concerto movement with the Hilton Head Symphony Orchestra. The rotation will continue in 2021 when the BravoPiano! Festival will be presented and the competition for pianists ages 18 – 30 will return in 2022.
If you are interested in helping during the rest of the year, there are opportunities for volunteers at several other events, such as A Musical Feast, our annual fundraising event and special events throughout the year. Please complete the registration form below.
HOW TO SIGN UP TO VOLUNTEER
In early January, a volunteer information envelope will be mailed to all registered names in our volunteer database. This mailing lists events, available positions, job descriptions click here , and venues. It is necessary to complete and return the volunteer participation post card in that mailing to be eligible for assignment. If you have not volunteered for HHIPC in the past and would like to, please complete the registration form below in order to be included in that mailing. Prospective volunteers are encouraged to be alert to emails pertaining to HHIPC news and refer to the HHIPC website for volunteer updates.
WHAT IS REQUIRED OF COMPETITION VOLUNTEERS?
- Complete the Registration Form below. If you have volunteered in the past for a competition, there is no need to register.
- After you receive your volunteer information envelope in January, sign up for as many performances as you are available. A performance work session are three to four hours long, afternoon or evening, and several positions require considerable standing and the ability to negotiate stairs. Those signing up for two or more sessions will receive priority when assignments are made.
- Attend at least one of the orientation sessions. ATTENDANCE IS REQUIRED since the format, programs, venues, and schedules are very different from our past competition events. An orientation schedule will be emailed to you and posted on this webpage at a later date (see calendar below)
- Complete and return the volunteer participation post card included in the January volunteer mailing.
- Follow dress code of black and white, or all black, slacks, dresses or skirts for women and dark suit or a black or blue blazer with gray slacks, a tie and dark shoes for men.
- Report for duty no less than 60 minutes prior to the start of your performance work session.
COMPETITION VOLUNTEER CALENDAR
- January 1 – on-line volunteer registration closes
- Early January –volunteer information envelopes are mailed
- January 30 – deadline for volunteer participation post cards to be returned
- Early February – volunteers are assigned and confirmation letters are mailed
- Late February – orientation sessions are held
- March 9 – Competition begins
If you would like to volunteer, please fill out the form below.